Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Taxis

Was waiting for cabs this morning over at my place instead of at Outram MRT station.

At least over at Outram, there is a queue of cabs waiting for me to board. Over at Hougang, the cabbies actually will stop to ask where you are going to decide if they would like to fetch you there. There is no "Changing Shift" signs on the windscreen, so they are not in the midst of changing shifts, some just drove pass me even when they are empty, there is similarly no "On Call" signs displayed anywhere. I can understand if you are changing shift or on call to pick up other passengers but if there is no signs being displayed and you don't want to pick up a fare, then you turn around to say that it is difficult to earn a living as a cabbie, then I think something is wrong with you people.

So many times in the morning when I tried to flag a cab from my place, I see the cabbies fetching their kids to school or perhaps those are not their kids but it is a paid fare but the funny thing is there is no adult with the kids in the cab except for the cab driver. So I leave it to you to make your conclusion as to whether it is a paid fare or not. I know that the other side of the arguement is that there is nothing wrong with fetching their kids to school but think of the opportunity cost of fetching your kids vs picking up a fare.

I am being whiny today because I had waited a long time for a cab but the cab that I took today actually told me that he had fetched me three times to my office. Wow, three times!!! So what I did was just sit back and napped all the way to office this morning. It is so good that the driver remember the way to my office and I don't have to keep a lookout that he is driving in the right direction.

Lunch time in 5 mins, got to go.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home