Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Friday, November 11, 2005

Taxis in the Morning


Was really pissed this morning because I had to wait for more than 20 minutes for a cab, only managed to board the cab at 7.35am....It is not that I have never waited that long for a cab before but...

When cabs flash their "Changing Shift" signs, drove to the carpark, you would sort of expect it to come out in about 10 minutes time. But standing at the curb opposite the entrance to the carpark, I have seen about 5 cabs turning into the carpark to change shift (between 7.15 to 7.30) but they had waited till after 7.30am to come out of the carpark to pick up passengers. I know that after 7.30am, you can collect that extra $1 for peak hour but must you really do something like that? The driver today is more concern about punching in the ERP cost into the meter each time he passes the gantry. I never knew that the drivers can do something like that. I know that it is perhaps a convenience to you, all the cost captured in one place but can you do it when we reach the destination? You are driving along the expressway and dividing your attention between the road and your meter, trying to capture the ERP. Already your in-vehicle unit will display how much I have to pay you for the ERP charges. Is it that difficult to add another $3 to the total fare?

There are also drivers who apparently drive around daydreaming. I had seen an empty cab earlier but he is on the opposite side of the road, I flagged it but he just drove on without noticing me. Please, uncle, don't complain that there are no passengers when you don't keep a lookout for them yourself.

Went to celebrate my colleague's birthday last night at Tony Roma's. The group is my old work team from Accounting. Had a blast catching up on all the things that are happening in Accounting and the rest of the company.

Last day at work today. Busy clearing up all the reports before I go on leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home