Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Past Busy Days....


Had been busy the past few days at work.

1. Discovered that the girl in Beijing had created a big mistake in the assets system. Spend half the day checking on where she went wrong and finally found that she should not have capitalized all the items in the file that the GL Accountant had send her..... Gave me the shock of my life when I saw the hugh discrepancy in the report. Told her how to resolve the discrepancy and luckily the coordinator over in the States is willing to help us.

2. Was thrown a file to input in the system just before lunch yesterday and guess what is the cutoff time to enter all the figures, YESTERDAY, 5.30pm. The file came from the IT manager in India and he kept making changes to the amounts that he wants me to enter for him. Right up to 5.30pm, I am still amending the figures and updating the system for him.

3. Received the capital forecast for 2006 on Monday from all my IT Managers, need to get it into the system before Tuesday closing so the whole day was spent entering figures. The system was close so imagine if each of them have about 25 - 30 items for me to enter and there are a lot of fields to enter for each items.

4. This morning, printed out the report to check and noticed that Girl from Beijing had upped my original capital forecast by adding in a lot of new items. Had told her before that she can use the existing forecast till end of the year but noooo...... she didn't even check to see that there is forecast that still can be used. Take the simple way out by creating new items. No wonder the capital is so much higher than last month.

5. I won't be around to see this mess next month. So it is all up to her to manage everything. I believe that she will just have to answer for what she had done to the management if they were to ask her what is happening to the forecast. We should be reducing it by now, not increasing it. Where on earth have you ever seen forecast increasing towards year end. For sales maybe, if you get an unexpected big deal that came in but spending should be adjusted down towards the yearend if you foresee that you can't finish spending what you had forecasted.

6. Jasper hurt himself again yesterday at the playground. Knocked his head against the pole when he is playing catching with his sis. Cheryl called to tell me about it but she told me that it was ok. Not serious. But I was not feeling comfortable about it so I took a cab home and true enough, mum called me to say that the wound is quite bad because it is still bleeding and the wound is about 1cm. Told her that most probably may need stitches and I am on the way back.Waited for my doctor for 1 hour before he came to the clinic. No need for stitches, he just used a kind of superglue to glue the wound together but it cost me more that $100 just for that...Horrible 2005 for Jasper... just hope that 2006 is better for him.

Lunch time soon. Finally half a day had gone by...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home