Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Busy Busy Bee


Just when I thought that this week will be a slow moving week. My dear supervisor threw me a detail report to do for him... Needs to be completed by this Friday so that he can do more analysis on it before telling me which items to send for capitalization.

So far, have completed about 85% of the work. Just waiting for more information from Accounts Payable and my Indian counterpart to provide to completed the whole report. Was telling my secretary that I am not leaving anything to chance.... Knowing my supervisor's working style... he will be back time and again asking for micro details.... so I will dig all the micro details up for him first. When he asks for it... I can present it to him in a flash...

You would think that after working in this company for close to 15 years, he would be able to retrieve information by himself, but no, he is clueless as to how to retrieve information. Any little detail, he will just walk into my cubicle and ask me to pull out the information for him. How information flows from one system to the other, he have no idea also. I know that he don't have hands on experience with the systems but if you know that part of the invoice you are charging to departmental expense and part of it you will be charging to Fixed Assets, logically, you will not enter everything into Fixed Assets then transfer out the charges to be charged to expenses, right?? But he actually asked me if we can do something like that. Wah... how on earth did you manage to get your degree????? Don't you know that you are doing extra work??? First you put in the whole amount into Assets account, then you do adjustments to the assets account to increase expenses accounts.

Told him straight off that I will not enter the whole amount into the Assets system. So he took the invoice back to analyse how much is suppose to be in assets and how much is suppose to be charged to expenses. Came back after a few hours to let me have the figures for both. See, it can be done, splitting the amount up, it depends on whether if he wants to do it or not...

Anyway, I have just receive my file from Accounts Payable so I can start pulling out the invoices that I need to completed part of my report... till later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home