Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Annual Dinner & Dance


Other companies have Annual D&D but I think my company have moved from Annual to once every two years (do they call it Bi-annually, wonder if this is the correct word for it). 2 years back we have it during the lunar 7th month, this year, we are having it during the lunar 7th month again. Guess when... September 9th, it is so close ot September 11th that some of my colleagues are saying that the organizing committee are not sensitive.

Anyway, this year's theme is Cross-Cultural dressing. So if you are Chinese, please wear a Japanese Kimono, or Indian Sari but not your Cheongsam. Likewise for the rest of the nationalities in my company. But the funny thing is that all of us ladies decide to wear cheongsam this round but the rule of thumb is that we must not wear something that looks like a chinese restaurant waitress.

All of us have made up our table groups and already 3 of them have got their cheongsams, the other 2 of us are still trying to get something because we would like to have a common theme for our table which is cheongsam for everyone. 8 ladies all wearing cheongsam, wonder if we will all look like Maggie Cheung when she wears her cheongsam in the movie, "In the Mood for Love". I fell in love with the cheongsam when I first saw how look she looks in that movie.

Have.To.Go.Shopping.For.My.Cheongsam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home