Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Seats


Board the MRT this morning at Hougang Station as usual, I actually saw a empty seat so I walked towards the seat but another woman quickly rushed to the seat and sat down. She did that to me yesterday too. Rushing to the seat and sitting down before I could get to it. Never mind, I moved to stand near the door. After waiting for a while, I got my seat and sat down. Was telling James that it was the same woman from yesterday who took the seat that I was aiming for....

Last Saturday, I took the train to Raffles Place for my facial. There is also no seats when I got onto the train but a very kind uncle actually look out for a seat for me. I didn't know that he got onto the train at the same station as myself as I was busy reading the newpaper. Since I didn't get a seat so might as well read the papers to pass the time. All of a sudden, someone tapped me on the shoulder and say that there is a seat for me. I looked up to see a elderly uncle showing me the seat that he "choped" for me by placing his bag on it. He told me that he boarded the train with me and saw that there isn't anyone offering a seat to me so he was on the lookout for me. He continued to say that people just ignore and pretend not to see me standing there. I told him that it is ok as I didn't expect them to give up the seat for me but I thanked him for getting a seat for me. We chatted a while till I got off to change trains to Raffles Place.

But then there are also people who are very kind in the morning, I have encountered a few times when I was on the train going towards Tiong Bahru, ladies offering their seats to me but I would tell them that I am alighting soon and would prefer to stand instead. These are the ladies that I really am thankful to, the moment they saw me boarding the train, they offer the seats but as it is only one stop before I alight, no point sitting. Might as well let them continue having the seat. Anyway, I feel weird sitting for only one stop.

Sigh, have to get back to preparing my flowchart. Have not finished doing it from yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home