Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Frustrated.....


Was really pissed with the temp staff over at Accounting this morning. Ok, so you are doing documentation/process flow for the supervisor. But when I tell you the correct terminology to use, it is to facilitate the communication between the external auditors and whoever is taking over that jobscope in future. Imagine if you were to describe a report as a reconciliation and I were to describe it as an analysis. Won't people get confused when they talked to each other in future???? You are only a temp staff here (not that I look down on temp staff, I have come across some very good temp staff) on one of the manager's recommendation. Yes, I know that you may have some backing from him but don't show me an irritated face when I explain things to you. You mean to tell me that for someone who is only in this company for less than 3 months, you know the workings better than me??

God, it feels good to have blown off some steam.... I have always believe that if one don't know how things work, it is always good to ask others politely. The younger people these days just don't seems to have that type of attitude, to be polite to others. (Not all are like that) So what if you have came from one of the big audit firms, with manners like that, (crappy) I don't think people will get along well with you.

Have finished my book this morning on my way to work. It is not as good as the other 2 books that I had read from the same writer. Nevermind, that is all she had written, 3 books in total. So unless she got another book coming out next year, I won't have to worry about missing any of her books.

Got my next book ready... from R.D. Robb... her "In Death" series are really good. Set in the future, it is a little scary to see what the world may become in 2058.... Heroine from the story is a policewoman who is attached to the Homocide team. Imagine prostitutes being called Licensed Companion. No real meat only soy based substitutes, even coffee is some kind of soy based coffee... yucks...give me real coffee anytime...

Still in a pissy kind of mood now. Not really productive for work. Just heard from my ex-team mate that the new supervisor for my ex-team didn't know that I am still hanging on to some of my ex-responsibility. I mean that I don't mind helping you out till you get your new staff on board but at least let me know when I can hand things over to you. Give me a deadline when you will take things back.

Consolation is that at my new group, I am left to do things on my own... a little like the provincial headless fly at times but am happy not to have too many people bugging me with things which equates to total boredom at times. Being in a cubicle facing a PC with no one to talk to most of the time is very very boring.

Time to set new goals, learn how to use XML (hahaha, Mabel, at least I am doing some learning on the job) so that I can beautify my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home