Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

WEEK LONG HOLIDAY


Well, this week is the start of my week long holiday (on leave for the whole week)...

Monday - Brought kids for movie, Madagascar, Jasper was laughing as loud as the rest of the kids if not louder, kids really like that show. Went shopping after that and teabreak. Went home in the early evening. Was checking my phone when I realised that my colleagues had left me messages when I was in the cinema. The Australian HR manager needs a file and even told them that he is prepared to open my cabinet to look for it.....

My colleagues told him that even they have no idea where my files are kept, it will be better if he were to talk to me first. Can you imagine, I have been passing him in the corridor the whole of last week but he never told me that he needed any file, yet on my first day of leave, he is prepared to open my cabinet.

This is too much, will call him tomorrow to ask actually what he needs.

Tuesday - Woke up early just to call into office. Was directed to his voicemail each time I called. Got really P***ed off as I would like to get back to sleep but was thinking if he really can't find the file, I would have to make a trip back to office to get it for him.

Called his secretary instead, managed to get her and she was looking for him too, managed to speak to the guy (interior decoratior) who works with him on the office renovation to know exactly what he is looking for. The HR manager actually had a copy of it but apparently, he had misplaced his copy as it couldn't be found in his file. So that is why he is so "prepared" to open my cabinet to look for that file. He had lost his bl***y copy. Is it my fault that his filing is so bad that he loses his files and documents?

Told the decorator where to look for the document and said that I will call him back in half an hour's time to confirm that he had found it.

Took my breakfast, read the papers and started calling the office again to see what is the progress of the search. Couldn't get secretary or the decorator... what if they can't find the file??? D**n, will have to make a trip back to the office and it is in the west of the island. Don't want to go into the office....

Kept calling, finally the HR manager answered the phone, they found it, thank god... is there anything else that he needs from me? I asked him, he apologised for disturbing my leave and thanked me for following up on the issue but they have got everything they need.

Went out in the afternoon to Compass point, shop around for a while then went home. Read my book, took a nap, had my tea break, watched more tv and finally finished dinner when I sat down to write for the day.

Hopefully, there won't be any issues till I get back to the office next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home