Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Monday, June 13, 2005

Lost - this time in marriage traditions......

Getting married is really no joke, especially when you have to follow all the traditions that were set way back in time...

There seems to be 101 rules that you have to follow and things that you have to get for your marriage...

Firstly is the Betrothal presents that the groom must send to the bride... you would have thought that after having married off a daughter, my future mother-in-law would have an idea of what must be needed when it is her son's turn to get married but no, she kept telling my mum that she don't have any idea what needs to be given and since my mum wants to keep it simple this round, just asked for the minimum things. She expects that my future in-laws will know that they will have to send over a pair of old coconuts (to signify that my father-in-law is still around) and a betelnut (something to represent the groom if I am not mistaken)...

But after considering that she seems to be totally clueless about stuff needed, I told my mum not to expect that from them as they will most probably only send what my mum had told them, so in the end, my mum had to go look for the betelnut, which took a good part of sunday afternoon, we are lucky that we managed to find it over in Little India.

But that leads to another problem, I can't find my in-laws the whole of yesterday. So now I have to make a trip to pass the item to them.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home