Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Beijing... Beijing...


Have been up in Beijing since Sunday. Imagine waking up as per my normal working day just to catch the morning flight over. Dear was tired and after sending me to the airport, went back home to sleep till nearly noon.

Anyway, reached Beijing at about 3pm, after clearing customs, it is nearly 3.45 and by the time we reached the hotel, it is nearly 5. All of us checked in and agreed to meet at about 5.45 to go for dinner and shopping.

Went over to Wang Fu Jing - the tourist place for shopping and dinner. Actually we went shopping first, for books, which is really cheap when you pay in RMB. I bought a knitting pattern book for only RMB 10 and was smiling away when I managed to get a Julia Quinn book for RMB 55. It is way cheaper than Singapore.

Didn't manage to get any movies on the first night. As we can't really find a place that sell them in a reasonable price.

Got 2 t-shirts for RMB 19 each and my colleague got pants for RMB 19. She is really spending her $$ on this trip. No shops had lose her patronage as she spend in every shop she enters. Even my male colleagues are saying that she really knows how to buy and buy. Spare no shops and goods. Must buy things that caught her eyes.

Monday, spend the day in training and went for a good dinner at one of the restaurant near our hotel. Sunday's dinner was disappointing as the mutton soup the guys ordered smells funny and I just can't bring myself to drink it. They ordered some kind of pig's intestines dish that I again can't bring myself to eat. (I don't eat internal organs)

So I just had veggie, some quid dish, two kinds of noodles, the dumplings was a failure, can you imagine Xiao Long Bao's covering is really bao and not that thin layer that we are used to in Singapore. The Jiao Zi is just dumpling skin covering the meat, like a foldover, MacDonald style. No nice nor is it piping hot.

Anyway, on Monday night, we manage to get some movies. Some old, some new but still can't find the show that James wanted. Need to keep a lookout for it.

Juggling our schedules to see if we can leave slightly early to visit the Forbidden City this afternoon as training had already ended. Just some Q&A session for about an hour or so. The trainers are going for their shopping at 3 so they will be leaving early today as well.

Two more days of Teambuilding exercises. Then it is back to Singapore, I miss my babies....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home