Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Book Expo and John Little sales


Went to the Book Expo this afternoon, there are so many books there, I had actually thought that it only sells books that are not so saleable but was I mistaken because there are all sorts of books there.

The only trouble is that you must have the patient of a saint to be standing there, sorting out all the books because they don't group them by authors or alphabetically. Some books just appear on all the tables. Some books you have to look under the tables for them. Managed to get the 5th book for the Earth Child series for only $10 and it is a hardcover.

Managed to get some books for 3 at $10. Foreign magazines - 5 for $10. It is a steal when they normally sells at $8 - $10. (Granted that they are a little old, Nov 05 and Dec 05 issues but I am not in a hurry to get them.)

In fact, one of my girlfriend was telling me that if I am not in a hurry to read the current month's issue, I can always get it cheaper at one of the 2nd-hand bookstores over at Bras Basah at $1 or $2.

James got a hardcover book on Man U, his fav team at only $6, considering that it was actually priced at $15 earlier during the sales. A further reduction of $9.

Over at John Little, bought new pillows as they are going for a song. I discover that I have a habit of only getting new pillows during sales. For pillows costing around $39.90 or more, it goes down to $12 or $9.90 during sales, so when will you get new pillows except during sales??

If only there are regular sales period for my grocery shopping. I can save bundles on noodles, bread and whatever...like 3 packets of noodles for the price of one...

Was raining heavily when we went to get petrol after all that shopping, there is this hugh MVP in front of us, a Tuscon, I believe, as there are rows of pumps in front of us, he drove off to the front, making it look like he is going for another pump in front, so we went heads into the pump right in front of us, when we noticed the attendent signalling us to reverse, we were like "reverse the car for what?" James lower the car window and the attendent told us that the MPV was suppose to reverse to the pump that we were in.

HELLO.... you mean you can't drive straight into the lot and must absolutely do a reverse to go into the lot just to fill your tank????

No wonder we were labelled "Sxxxxd", I have never come across a person with normal logic to have to reverse their car to fill their tank, granted that you may tell me that the tank is on the other side of the car, but trust me, the hose is long enough to reach the other side of your car. You may just need to park your car slightly forward, you definitely don't need to reverse park your car just to fill your tank.

The driver actually glared and signaled to me that he got the right to go into the lot before us, FINE, we just need to drive to another lot which is just in front of us, we definitely don't need to reverse park our car just to fill our tank. DUMB driver.

Got more to talk about drivers on the next post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home