Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Midweek once again


Once again it is midweek, two more days to the weekend. Will need to celebrate my parents' birthday this weekend. Need to spend $$$ again but when it comes to eating... nothing is too much...

Have to think of where to eat now and if we need to reserve a place in advance etc etc... most probably will be eating Japanese food as it is the family's all time favourite...

A man wrote into the papers (TODAY) sometime ago, about people not giving up their place for pregnant ladies in the MRT. He had to asked the people if they will let his wife sit (she is pregnant), before several people raise their hands to indicate that they will give up their seats. I find that this is true even in my case. In the early stage of pregnancy, when my bump don't show, I won't expect people to offer their seats to me. But I found that even if I were to wear Maternity wear, guys would just take a look at me and pretend that they didn't see a pregnant lady in front of them. This morning, when I boarded the train, I walked in and stood in front of a guy, he was adjusting his haversack, saw me in front of him, adjusted his bag somemore, then he closed his eyes and started to sleep.

I think Singapore have a long way to go before we can be more gracious. The "Give up the seat to people who needs it more" sign was just above the guy but obviously he needs the seat more than I do as he needs to catch his beauty sleep. Or is this just a case of "Mind my own business" of that guy, if this doesn't concern him, why should he care if I have a seat or not?? Or perhaps I should have taken the train up to Ponggol where there are few people so that I can get a seat easily? But that will be a little ridiculous to do just to get a seat. Anyway, I am getting quite used to standing till Dhoby Ghaut to get a seat.

Enough of the ungracious guy from this morning, there will be no end to jerks like him...

Need to get back to work, checking fixed assets this morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home