Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Slowly.....Sloowly....


There are new team leaders who came from another country and are here to learn how the work is being perform and they will bring the work back to their country, effectively taking the jobs away from my colleagues. They will be redeploy to other positions in the company after this.

I understand that people need time to learn how the job is done but when other people advise you that you need to respond within 48 hours, please do. Don't take 3 weeks to respond as it delays the rest of the workflow.

Even though I am back in Accounting, I am still in charge of the work that I had done previously for my last department. Any invoice that needs to be capitalised comes to me but now I need to pass it to the team leader to decide whether to capitalise the payment or to expense it off as an expense.

The first time I send the invoices to him, he asked me, "How many weeks do I have before I get back to you?"

I looked at him and replied, "I would need it back in two days' time as the payment will be due soon. We are told that we have to get back to customers in 48 hours."

This 48 hours rule was set by our ex-controller. In one of his monthly meeting in the past, he stated that we need to get back to customers in 48 hours, even if we are still in the midst of getting the request done, we have to let the customer know that we are handling it, ie, send an email to let the other party know that his request is being looked into.

WEEKS, WEEKS, can you imagine if we are allowed to drag a request for weeks, how inefficient we will look to the other departments???

On May 3rd, I handed him a stack of invoices, the due date for these invoices is on the 26th of May. Guess when he finally get back to me with the account distribution? LAST FRIDAY!! After chasing him for days, he finally send out the email on Friday morning stating the accounts to charge for all the invoices. It is a mad rush to get the secretary to raise PRs and for all 3 managers to approve the PRs before the PRs get to me to do the rest of the work. I have to get the invoices to Account Payables for payment as all the payments are to be TT over to the vendor's bank.

This is the 2nd or 3rd month running that I have to practically chase him every day for his account distribution. Until the moment he sees me, he automatically says that he knows that he owes me something. If you know that you have to get back to me about that "something" why can't you just sit down and do the account distribution once and for all, the moment I gave you the stack of invoices? Must you wait till the due date is barely a week away then you give it to me or you just like to see me rushing the rest of the people to get things done to ensure that payment is prompt???

I can't wait for these team leaders to get back to their country and start doing the work there. I really can't imagine how the workflow is going to be with these people working at half our speed. Their attitude is so laidback and they expect to be given weeks before they reply on any of your requests.

I wonder if our department is going to get complains from the rest of the department managers in the months to come when they are not around anymore. Because they will not be the ones who face the rest of the managers, we are the ones left to face the managers here.

SIGH.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home