Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Busy weekend


It is a long weekend due to the Vesak Day holiday on Friday. Short work week, only 3 days of work and the previous week, 4 days of work. One does feel lazy after all these short work weeks. Even my supervisor was saying that we will have trouble getting back to 5 days workweek after all these holidays.

Was on my way to get my flu jab this morning when the taxi driver was telling me that nowadays there are more people giving up driving taxi as the cost of diesel was going up. It will increase by another 6 cents come Monday but the rental of the taxi is not coming down so it is harder for them to earn a living.

Previously, when the taxi company get a complain about the driver, they will look into the complain but nowadays, they don't as the number of drivers are getting less. There are even cases of drivers who have not got their license when they start to drive the taxi but will take the test as they drive around Singapore.

After listening to the driver, I start to think of all the complains that my girlfriends have written on their blogs and yes, that may be why the standard of taxi drivers are getting worse because the old timers are giving up driving their taxi.

Can you imagine a cabbie who don't get ready enough spare change when they start work? This is just basic knowledge that they have to have sufficient spare change as passengers do not always have small notes to pay their fare or the case of the cabbie who didn't know how to operate the credit card machine, it is in the papers today. In the end, the passenger had to pay cash for his trip.

In view of all the increases that may be coming our way, even I have to cut down on my taxi trips. Have to get use to squeezing with all the people on the MRT.

Talking of MRT, I have to wait for 7 minutes for one from Dhoby Ghaut to Raffles Place yesterday and it is in the afternoon. Shouldn't it be about 3 to 5 minutes between trains? I just don't understand if we are encourage to travel by public transport why must we wait for such long interval between trains? Even the bus that takes me back to my place from the MRT station is a long wait between buses, about 10 to 20 minutes if I were to miss a bus.

Catching a movie tonight with James and the kids, Poseidon, been wanting to watch this movie since I saw the trailers for it. But wonder if it will put the kids of cruises in future....

Tired, going for a nap...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home