Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Friday, February 03, 2006

Maternity Leave - Part II


Dug up the website and took a look at it...

Extract from website :

Government-Paid Maternity Leave

To allow mothers to have more time to recover from childbirth and care for their newborn, Maternity Leave was extended from 8 to 12 weeks with effect from 1 October 2004 for all births.

For the first 2 confinements, the first 8 weeks of maternity leave will continue to be paid by the employer. The additional 4 weeks, capped at $10,000 (including CPF contributions), will be funded by the Government for the first and second confinements of a married working mother. For the third and fourth confinements of a married working mother, the Government will fund the full 12 weeks of salary, capped at $30,000 (including CPF contributions), if the mother has fewer than 4 living children at the time of confinement. To qualify for Government reimbursement, the child must be a Singapore Citizen.

If there is mutual agreement between the mother and her employer, the additional 4 weeks of maternity leave may be taken flexibly over a period of 6 months from the birth of the child. Otherwise, the additional 4 weeks of leave must be taken as a block immediately after the first 8 weeks.

Here's the link : http://fcd.ecitizen.gov.sg/GovernmentPaidMaternityLeave

Well, I have spoken to my Division Manager about coming back early, he is ok with it so I really don't see why I can't break up my leave.

HR personnel out there, is it a must that I have to take all 12 weeks at once??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home