Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Computer crashed yesterday...


Was at work yesterday and noticed that there is a new icon on my desktop. I was like... who had used my computer when I was away again...

Anyway, startup was slow, getting in my email was slow, opening the applications was slow, everything just slows down. I put up with the slowness till a warning sign kept popping up telling me that I don't have enough disk space. Went and got IT helpdesk to check out the computer. It got worse, my IE icon disappeared, my document folder disappeared, and a few other application icons disappear. Helpdesk told me that he would continue tomorrow (which is today). But the poor man is sick..... AAARRRGGGHHH.......

Got another IT personnel to help me. Got a few of my icons back but all my links that I had saved in "My Favourites" are gone with the wind. Have to start the process of adding all the blogs that I read back. I need to save them somewhere safe this time. I think I have lost a lot of my personal links and will need quite some time to get them back... What a way to start my first week back at work.

Was out till late last night and when we got home, baby was asleep, when she woke up, I went over to talk to her and she recognise me and gave me a big smile. Smart of her at about 2 months to start recognising people. Mum was saying that as she was at home, Amy didn't bring her down when she went to fetch Cheryl and Jasper home from school. Joelle seems to know that the time for her little outing for the day was missing and started to cry after Jasper was home and only stopped when Amy carried her for a little walk outside. Just walking up and down the corridor is good enough for her.

Heard something yesterday through the office mill.... knew that it would happen but didn't expect it to be that fast. Hopefully, the news will be a good one but then it can't get any worse that now I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home