Taurus & Leo

This is a Place for me to give vent to my frustrations and my thoughts for the day...

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Taxi, Taxi....


I have been lazy lately, in absolutely no mood to bring the laptop back from work, so no blogging at home.

Taxis are hard to flagged down these days. Last Sunday, James, Jasper and myself went to Festival Market for grocery shopping and when we are done, it was raining cats and dogs.

Our normal practise is to walk there and take a taxi home afterwards. So we joined the queue for a taxi. After a while, I noticed that the couple in front of us is standing a distance from the queue in front so I asked them if they are waiting for a taxi, they were surprise that they were standing in the queue and asked us to move in front.

After moving to the front, I noticed that the mother and daughter in front of us were also standing a distance from the queue. So I checked with them again and they let us moved to the front as they were waiting for their transport too.

Then it is a long wait for a taxi. Taxis were coming in bits and drabs before we were in line for one. When a taxi came to let someone alight. An Ah Beng actually wanted to get board the taxi with his girlfriend. The driver was busy indicating to him that there is a queue and he can't pick him up but he don't bother and wanted to open the door when I spoke up and told him off that there is a queue and that the taxi was mine. I was tired of waiting and cold from the wind blowing around me due to the rain.

He glared at me and I glared back at him. Why, are you trying to show off to your girl that you can get a cab without waiting and queueing??? He reluctantly moved to the end of the queue and continued to stare at me and I know that he is staring at me as I was loading the grocery into the cab so I gave him a final look when I settled myself in the taxi.

He is not the only one who can glare. I can glare perfectly well too especially when I am pissed with people who thought that they can have their way without queueing for it. If others can queue and wait in line, I absolutely believe that you can do it too. What gives you the privilege of cutting queue.

Have to start work soon. Was told that we can move back to our office by next Thursday. That was really quick as we were told previously that it will be towards end of November that the office is ready.

At least, I can get my own place soon. Feels weird over at this place as the people here is really quiet most of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home